One at a time, dude

I have made a little progress on my dissertation in that I have scheduled a few more interviews on my second site, three of which promise to be very, very interesting. However, I had also hoped to get eight more interviews but the people have not responded to me. I am having to learn to be patient. I will also have to learn to play the connections from the other end - through personal introductions rather than through trying to make the connections myself.

I have not done any new coding/analysis passes though. Unfortunately life has been extra busy. Today we did a science project for my son. The data and analysis was pretty well done (not precisely enough for 'real science' but probably good enough for a fourth grade project), but I fear that he will not be able to get an acceptable conclusion out of it. Oh well - he may not win, but at least he has a good idea about scientific method.

Also, the car has a major anti-freeze leak that will demand attention (and money) on Monday, so there goes that day. Tuesday, I have a meeting with Maric but I need to read/write a bit before then. I also need to try to get those other interviews scheduled. Add to that the fact that I am having a few more aches and pains than normal (getting old) and I need to address some critical financial issues, and voila' - I am covered up with stuff to do and I am stressed out! How in the hell am I going to finish this dissertation without killing myself?!

Answer: One at a time.

One day at a time, one interview at a time, one transcription at a time, one coding pass at a time, one word at a time, one page at a time, one section at a time, one chapter at a time.

One at a time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment