"Auuuugggghhh!!!"

Today's daily blog faffing brings news that several executives from the second and final case site for my data collection have been dismissed in a less than positive fashion. Unfortunately, this probably includes at least six people from my target list. I believe Charlie Brown put it best as Lucy - yet again - pulled the football away from him at the last possible moment: "AUGHHH!"

Who knows what this will do for my data collection efforts? So far, I have conducted a mere seven of the approximately 30 interviews that I want to get for that case, with three more scheduled over the next couple of weeks. One of the interviewees from this week will be the one who 'broke' the story over the blog, so he may be a possible intermediary to get in touch with some of the folks who have been dismissed. I can also contact the old CEO (who has become perhaps the wealthiest house DJ in the world) or the old COO to see if one of them can introduce me.

If neither works and I am forced to go over to another case site, I have a site in mind, but there is little chance of me getting in contact with 30 people soon enough to get sufficient data to prove my case. Then I will be forced to discuss things like having one main case and two mini-cases in support of the main case (a la Leonard-Barton 1989).

Oh well...I didn't want a publishable dissertation anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment